What is DOC App
The DOC-App is for securely sending photos of non-acute (not same day urgency) rashes, wounds, chronic ulcers, skin lesions or discolouration.
Acute (same day urgency) skin rashes such as new infection or allergic reaction may be invited to use this app after telephone consultation first or prior to consultation if requested by a clinician
Photos can be sent by carers, family or other health professionals (podiatry, district nurses) as well as patients, with the appropriate permission as often still photos are better for the clinician to review than a video consultation.
What is the process
The process is as follows:
- You will need to complete the form opposite (Over 18s) - Please do not submit a photo of a child (under 18) unless requested by a clinician.
- Your request will be actioned and you will receive a text message with instructions on how to down load the app (using links or QR Codes below).
- Please be aware that you will need to take your photos through the app as you will be unable to select images from your phone gallery
- Insert the session ID (provided in the text message)
- Select your date of birth
- Take the images ensuring good quality light, use something for scale for example your fingernail or a coin if you have one.
- Submit the photos
- The photos will then be securely transmitted to the practice and attached to your medical record for review by a clinician
- You will then either be contacted by a clinician by the next working day
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU SEND US PHOTOGRAPHS OF ANY SENSITIVE BODY AREAS OR IMAGES OF CHILDREN. PLEASE CALL THE PRACTICE TO DISCUSS THIS WITH A CLINICIAN
Submit Online Form
**This form is for use for patients over the age of 18 ONLY** Skin lesions can be a rash, mole, wart, cyst, blister, bump, discoloration, or other changes that you may notice on your skin. Once submitted you will receive a text message with the relevant session ID. Please note that this is usually sent the next working day, but could be longer due to demand.
Confidentiality & Security
The DOC App does not collect any personal information or sensitive information which could be used to identify an individual and all session data is destroyed after 24 hours. All DOC data is transmitted using SSL encryption and stored within European Data Centres which are audited annually and conform to ISO 27001:2013. Security controls in place are aligned with the requirements of GDPR legislation.