COVID19 - Patient Information
COVID19 Vaccination Queries
If you have queries regarding COVID Vaccinations please contact the Health Boards COVID Vaccination Helpline on 02921 836341.
Covid Booster Vaccinations
COVID-19 tests now open to people in Cardiff and the Vale with a wider range of symptoms
The Cardiff and Vale Test, Trace, Protect Service is now advising residents to book a coronavirus test if they have any one of a wider range of symptoms. The change will help identify cases of new variants of COVID-19 and identify people who may be at risk of passing on the disease to others without knowing.
As well as the three most common symptoms of Covid-19 - a fever, a new continuous cough or a loss/change of taste and smell - people are now able to get a test if they have any of a new list of other symptoms too. These are fatigue, myalgia (muscle ache or pain), a sore throat, a headache, sneezing, a runny nose, a loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhoea.
In line with the recent Welsh Government announcement, the service will also be offering all close contacts of those who have tested positive a test, rather than asking them to wait until they develop symptoms, and offering tests to anyone who has had a change in their symptoms following a previous negative test result.
Residents of Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan can access a test at any of the regional testing centres, or by using a home test kit. The testing centres for Cardiff and the Vale are located at:
- Cardiff City Stadium, Leckwith
- Museum Avenue, Cardiff city centre
- County Hall, Cardiff Bay
- Former Parkview Medical Centre, Ely
- Colcot Sports Centre, Barry
Tests can be booked online at https://gov.wales/getting-tested-coronavirus-covid-19 or by calling 119. When booking a test online due to having one of the wider range of symptoms residents should select the option “you have been asked to take a test by your local council”.
- WQ Update COVID19 14.01.2021.pdf
- COVID19 vaccination information
- What to Expect After COVID Vaccine.pdf
- Covid vaccine information for Cardiff & Vale
- West Quay Medical Centre COVID19 FAQs.pdf
- IMPORTANT PATIENT NOTICE COVID-19 Update 2.pdf
- CAV Self isolation guidance children with LD or ASD.pdf
- Young persons COVID-19 survival pack.pdf
- B12 Injections during COVID19.pdf
- Third Sector Services COVID-19 Help.docx
- COVID-19 Self-Care Videos
- Patient Newsletter COVID-19 Special.pdf
- Essential Contact Information
- PPG local community response to COVID 23.03.2020.pdf
- IMPORTANT PATIENT NOTICE COVID-19 Update 1.pdf